The following Library of Congress classifications may be useful when browsing the shelves at Steelman Library for additional materials on languages and literature.
- Books are arranged by country of origin of the author in the P section.
- If the book's call number begins with the letter P, it is on a general literary or languages topic.
- British literature is in PR
- American literature is in PS.
- Spanish and French books are in PQ.
- Within the letter classifications, the books are arranged roughly by chronology.