In Comp 2 it is important to be able to use the library to locate information. It's also important to learn how to evaluate the information you find (especially online) and to avoid plagiarism by citing sources correctly.
As part of your Composition 2 course, you will learn how to successfully use library resources in your research paper. These resources will include books, encyclopedias, opinions, scholarly journal articles and some websites. Use the tabs at the top to find more information on each type of resource.
When choosing sources to use in your research project, keep the following things in mind:
1. What is the main purpose of this source?
2. What key question is the author addressing?
3. What is the most important information in this source? (be specific)
4. What conclusion does the author come to? What are the key ideas in the source?
5. What assumptions underlie the author's thinking?
6. Why would this source be valuable to my research paper?