Getting Started--Your Assignment
On this page and in the tabs are some of the most useful information resources for your online Comp. II course. It is important to be able to identify what type of information you will need and to locate it efficiently. You will use information to learn about your topic and to help to provide evidence for your argument.
Your professor asks that you use high quality sources for your research paper. You will be writing an annotated bibliography. You can answer these questions in your annotations:
1. What is the main purpose of this source?
2. What key question is the author addressing?
3. What is the most important information in this source? (be specific)
4. What conclusion does the author come to? What are the key ideas in the source?
5. What assumptions underlie the author's thinking?
6. Why would this source be valuable to your research paper?
Click on each of the tabs above to get help on finding each type of information resource.
Additional information on MLA style may be found at these websites:
Tutorial on how to request Steelman books for Distance students