Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Steelman Library, 1000 Longfellow Blvd. Lakeland, Florida 33801 · 863.667.5089
LC Classifications for Communications
Library of Congress Classifications
The following Library of Congress classifications may be useful when browsing the shelves at Steelman Library for additional materials on communication. The majority of the classifications listed below are on the second floor. Additional materials (such as government documents, micromaterials, media, and reference books) may be found on the first (main) floor.
- HD59 --- Public Relations
- HE7601-9721 --- Telecommunications Industry
- P87-96 --- Communication and Mass Media
- P99 --- Semiotics (signs and symbols) and Nonverbal Communication
- PN1990-1992 --- Broadcasting (radio and television)
- PN1993-1999 --- Motion Pictures
- PN2000-3307 --- Dramatic Representation and Theatre
- PN4001-4355 --- Public Speaking
- PN4699-5650 --- Journalism
- TR --- Photography
Find Books at Other Libraries
When you can't access an article or book, remember to request it from ILL at no cost.
Click this icon in a database, or use the Request Library Materials link below.
- You can request books and articles not available at SEU or other local libraries through Interlibrary Loan.
- Articles will be emailed to you whenever possible.
- Books will be mailed with pre-paid postage return packaging, if you are an online student.
- Use links from resources to make requests, or use the Interlibrary Loan Request Form.
Amy Beatty- Southeastern University
, Distance/Online Students
, En Español
, English & Languages
, Film & Media
, Foreign Language Studies
, Hispanic Studies
, Women Studies
Ask A Librarian!