Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Steelman Library, 1000 Longfellow Blvd. Lakeland, Florida 33801 · 863.667.5089
Collecting References: Books and Articles
Open Zotero on your computer
Open the Library Books Search https://seu.on.worldcat.org/discovery
Search for items. Worldcat will not show a single Book item, but a yellow folder.
Click the folder to select items.
Search EBSCO or other databases and use Zotero to add a folder list,or single item.
- Zotero will add full text when possible.
- Zotero saves full text in your library.
After you add items check the citation in Zotero.
Collecting References: Other Web Sites
Other Web Sites
On any website, click Zotero to add items to your library.
- Always check the Zotero citation and manually add the author.
- Also look closely for the date and try to find a year, date revised to add.
It's easy to attach files (like PDFs) to items in your Zotero library. Just drag the file into your Zotero pane. Dropping a file onto a collection, or in between library items, will copy it into your library as a standalone item. Dropping it onto an existing item will attach it to that item. This is the easiest way to attach a copy of an article to its entry in your library.
Organizing Your Library
Click the Zotero button at the bottom of your browser to open your library.
- At the top left is a folder button with a green plus sign.
- Click this to create a new "collection."
- Name the collection for a class or project.
- Collections can also be shared